Monday, June 18, 2012

Taper week is here!

Well, I am less than a week away from my second Half. This time around I am a little more confident and a little bit more motivated.  Last time when I was this close to the race I was psyching myself out.  I was doubting myself even though I trained well and smart.  Now I am ready to push myself. I know I can go the distance but the question is, can I PR? We'll find out soon enough!

I ended last week with a 10 mile long run.  I kept a nice pace and recovered quickly.  Both very good signs.  I followed up on Sunday with yoga @ Lululemon Westport.  Attending yoga the day after a long run really helps to stretch my muscles and I am not as sore.

Today I ran and played with my MotoACTV.  It has a neat feature that lets you set goals. I chose to set a time and distance goal, 4 miles in 40 minutes.  It didn't work exactly how I thought. It told me when I reached each mile and when I was .60 miles away from completing my run.  I was expecting it to tell me to speed up or slow down according to my pace.

Mile      Pace
1            10:02
2            09:36
3            09:49
4            09:16
Avg Pace: 09:41
Total time: 38:48

This was a pretty good time for me given my recent snails pace I have been running.  To finish off the week will be running 3 miles and 2 hrs of yoga on Wednesday and 2 miles on Friday. Some runners hate taper week but I look forward to it as I get to sleep in and rest my legs. I am going to take full advantage of it since in a month I will be following an official Half Marathon training plan which requires training 6 days a week for 12 weeks. Oy vey!

Sorry I don't have any photos to dress this post up but I haven't gone "Full On Blogger" yet and carry my camera everywhere I go.  Here a great photo that a member shared:



 Happy Running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment