Friday, August 10, 2012

Vacation Day 2: Pool Time......and more biking!

After the 40 miles of bike riding yesterday I thought my legs would be killing me but they are ok.  Tired but ok.  We headed to my Mom's in NY and went to a county pool.  It is huge and never is really that crowded.
David didn't let me get away with a completely lazy day.  We got in another 8+ miles of biking.
We followed the 3 mile Walden-Wallkill Rail Trail but continued on an undeveloped portion for about a mile.  This was right up David's alley.  He was able to get in a little off-road action.  Next time we are at Mom's I told him we would do more exploring. Mom said she thinks it will take us to New Paltz. After that we met up with friends and family in town for National Night Out. Meet my new friend, Tilly.  Isn't she cute?!
It was a nice event that was geared toward families. The had free food, raffles & demonstrations by Fire and Police Officers.  I think Target was the Corporate Sponsor.
They also had fireworks but we had to leave so that we could get up early the next day.  I'll be back to tell you about that tomorrow.  Surprisingly, it has nothing to do with biking.  :)

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment