The two Mama's at Another Mother Runner, SBS & Dimity, started a cool game of 10 running questions. I was invited to play by the awesome Lisa Runs For Cupcakes. I read through the questions and they have really made me think about my goals and accomplishments. I tend to fly by the seat of my pants in terms of goals. They are not well thought out in terms of sitting down to think about what is going to be next. They usually come to me when I am not thinking about goals at all. My accomplishments tend to get buried in the back of my head. I am so busy moving forward I don't stop to look back until a point in my training where I get frustrated and need to recall how far I have come to encourage myself. Let the thinking begin!
Allstate 13.1 Marathon Boston, this past Sunday. After a long, hot, humid summer, during which I was only able to achieve a pace between 10:15 - 11:15, I ran my race with an average pace of 9:37 (2:06 finish). Can you say major PR?!?!?! Whoohoo!! It felt so good to see what my body is capable after I trained hard and smart.
2. 3 words that describe my running: energizing, empowering, therapeutic
3. My go to running outfit is: My Addidas skirt and a singlet. I also only run with Fitsoks. Before I found this amazing product I got blisters on my arches and had to wrap my feet.
4.Quirky habit I have while running: If I am on a new route I will run around parking lots if I feel I will not meet my distance goal. I don't like deviating from my mapped out routes by taking a loop on a side street.
5. Morning, midday, or evening: Morning
6. I won't run outside when it's: Raining AND dark. If it is one or the other I am good to go.
7. Worst injury and how I got over it: No injuries.....yet!
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: Smok'n guys is always a great rush but I think running in 95 - 100 degrees with 98% humidity makes me feel pretty badass.
9. My next race is: Sept 23rd Where the pavement ends. I am only using it for crossfitness. My next competitive races will be Oct 20th & 21st at The Runner's World Half & Festival. I will be running the 10k & Half.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: I want to run a Marathon in the Spring to kick my 40th birthday in the bum and show my body that age is just a number.
Well, as my nephew would say, that's all I've got to say about that!
I am tagging the blogs below to play along but feel free to join in the fun and answer the questions too.
1. Run for your life
2. Meals & Moves
3. Sexy Mother Runner