Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness and Tapering

Last week started off as a good week. I wanted it to be a strong training week because I knew I would be tapering this week for my races this weekend. I ended up cancelling my long run this week but I was completely stressed with the things I had to do over the weekend.  Everything had a time that it had to be done. Work, movie with my boy, bike ride for Breast Cancer Awareness & bday party for my nieces and nephew. Go, go, go! So taking that off my list made breathing a little bit easier.
 David and I signed up for a 25 mile bike ride for Breast Cancer but when we got there we opted for the 10 mile ride since we were so pressed for time. As you can tell David hates his picture being taken.  Hahaha! Half the time I do it just to get a reaction from him.  Ahh, what I won't do to entertain myself. We had a great time and everyone at Danny's Cycles - Stamford were super friendly.  Next year I am going to try to get a group from work to sign up so they can have a bigger turn out.

Then it was time to head to Little Bro's for CAKE! I forgot to bring in my camera so I don't have any photos to share. Trust me, my kids a cutie patooties! My niece, Danielle, has been wanting to do a race with me since she came to my first one and told everybody I won.  We went online and discovered that the local Turkey Trot has a kids race so she will be running in that with he Brother. Woohoo! Now I have to find them turkey hats.
I can't believe The Runner's World Half Festival is finally here. I got an email inviting everyone to run with Shalane Flanagan, Olympian, on Friday for a shake out run. I think I am looking forward to this the most.

The weekend is going to be full of races, seminars, and movies all centered around me running.  I also have a special surprise in store for David.  I can't wait to give it to him.  I'll fill ya in after the weekend. 

The only plans I have for the week are to get in a few short runs and pack for our weekend. Rocky will be coming with us again.  I don't like the idea of leaving him in the care of non-family.  Since we can bring him to the races and if we have to we can leave him in the car since it is so cool. Worst case we will leave him at the hotel.  It's not as much trouble traveling with him as I thought.  It is actually less stressful because I know he is being taken care of and he loves being with us.

Have a great rest of the week and Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment